[esp-r] Re: problems with mouse

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 10:28:12 GMT 2006

A recent question about using mouse in ESP-r....

> I did some simulations with the previous windows_native version,
> but I installed the new version 11.2 last week on a LINUX environment.
>
> Now I realised that my mouse just works for the buttons next to the
> dialogue messages, but not for image controls, main menu a.s.o
>
> Does someone of you have similar experience with the new version
> and can help me solving my problem?

Depends on which version (X11 or GTK) you installed.  The GTK version
does
not have keyboard sensitivity for menu selections like the X11
version does.
This is an 'item in progress'.

If you installed the GTK version on Linux you might try the X11
version and
see if the mouse is still giving a problem.

This is the first notification of a mouse issue on Linux.  It would
be helpful to know, specifically,
in what way does the mouse not work in conjunction with the main
menu?  Is is possible on
this machine to select any item on any control menu via any action
from the user?

Also, it would be useful to know what Linux distribution and what
type of computer.  For
instance ESP-r is not yet stable on 64 bit computers.

-ESRU