[esp-r] Re: WANTED: Easier way to remove windows & doors

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 09:55:26 GMT 2006

> Is there some way to remove the hole at the same time as the window or
> door? If not, is there some wish-list that this can be added to?

This recent request has been our folder of things to do.  It is one
of those
irritants that requires some extra keystrokes on the part of the user
(i.e. to edit the edge list of the opaque part and then delete the
orphaned
vertices).

Because surface polygons can be rather complex (e.g.
wrap around other doors and windows) any removal action needs to
be tested quite a bit) and be as generic as possible.

Removing doors will take a few more steps because there are other
surfaces involved with the soon-to-be-orphaned vertices.

To patch the window removal would not take magic, just a bit of time ;-)

Thanks for mentioning it. Actually we welcome observations of ESP-r
irritants, the clearer they are the quicker it is to locate the issue
in the
code.  And it anyone else in the development community wants to
grab an irritant and reform it that is also welcome.

-ESRU