[esp-r] Re: By popular demand - ESP-r native windows installer for a D drive - BETA testers requested

Chris Jones cj at cr-jay.ca
Tue Nov 14 10:35:08 GMT 2006

I just ran the D installer.
First I uninstalled esp-r and erased the remaining c:\esru files.

The install went fine.  I rebooted which set the path to
d:\esru\esp-r\bin;c:\gtk\bin

I went to the command line and entered
c:\> esp-r
This brought up the project manager along with the ERROR:
"Could not find C:/Esru/esp-r/default"

Click Close

Then I tried to Open and exemplar.  No luck.  Exit Project Manager

Then go to Start, Programs - no ESP menu folder created.

Then go to Desktop, double click esp-r (newly created icon on the
desktop).  Again, "Could not find C:/Esru/esp-r/default"

Check Project Manager, Database Maintenance.  The paths all start
with C:\.  Note I can change the path to D:\ for all the database
except climate.  I can't find a way to point to the climate list on D:\.

At this point I stopped messing about.