[esp-r] Re: ESP-r running on UBUNTU

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 11:03:51 GMT 2006

A recent question about starting up ESP-r on Ubuntu...

> I'm a very beginner of UNIX environment and have installed ESP-r 11.1
> on UBUNTU 6.06
>
> but to run esp-r I have to every time repeat from the terminal the
> operation
>
> gedit ~/.bash_profile
>
> source ~/.bash_profile

ESRU do not have this particular Linux distribution so we can
only comment in general about operating system questions.

The file .bash_profile should be scanned when you start up
a command window IF the command shell you are using is
a bash shell (Linux distributions tend to come with a variety
of different command shells).

Use whatever application Ubuntu offers for managing user
accounts and look in the user accounts settings to see which
shell is started up by default and if it is not a bash shell try
changing this over to see if it works better.

-ESRU