[esp-r] Re: Non-homogeneous glazings and .TMC files

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Oct 23 15:53:20 BST 2006

A recent question on different windows in a zone....

> I have a question regarding defining a zone with non-homogeneous
> glazings.
> In one of the model, I have One Pane and Two Pane windows
> distributed on the
> four sides of the house.
> The .TMC file mismatches with the .MLC databases and .CON  file,
> halting the
> simulation.
>
> The problem appears to be that the .TMC file appears to read (or
> match) the very first glazing type, but gives a mismatch error for the
> remaining window types.
>
> Is there a way around this? Can we manually add to the TMC file
> some indicies to
> recognize the other window types?
>
> Any sample .TMC files that have more than one glazing type would be
> helpful.

It it likely that the zone construction and zone tmc files have gotten
confused and/or corrupted.

Usual best approach is to delete the zone tmc file(s) and then rebuld
the zone construction and tmc files.  This often corrects problems.

If that does not do it try removing both the zone construction and
zone tmc
files and then creating them again (use the 'via surface attributes'
option).

The above advise assumes that all of the zone surfaces are fully
attributed
and that the optical properties needed for all of the glazings can be
found
in the optical database associated with the model.

-ESRU