[esp-r] Re: plant: air cooling coil

Ferguson, Alex AFerguso at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 11 15:37:44 BST 2006

Hi Monika,

The cooling coil model (CMP04) expects the control signal to be negative
(i.e. -2000 for a 2000 W cooling duty.)

- Alex

________________________________

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk
[mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Monika Hall
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:32
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] plant: air cooling coil

Dear all,

have anybody worked with the plant component " air cooling coil, ref. no
4"? My model works fine with the plant component  " air heating coil,
ref. no 5", but when I change the heating coil into a cooling coil the
model does not work anymore.

I use the same controller for heating/cooling coil:

controller type a) senses dry bulb  -> actuates flux

Control law b) P,PI,PID for type 0,2,4...

I use the same settings for heating/cooling, I only change the
setpoints.

The error code is:

CMP04C: invalid control data for component 2: 2000

with 2: Cooling coil and 2000: max htg/clg cap [W]

Which setting is the right one for a cooling coil? Could somebody help
me?

Best regards

Monika