[esp-r] Beta testing improvements to installation procedures

Ferguson, Alex AFerguso at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Sep 25 20:20:14 BST 2006

Greetings from Ottawa,

Over the past few months, Jon Hand and I have been collaborating to
improve ESP-r installation procedures and accompanying documentation.
Our proposed changes currently reside on the 'Install_script' branch in
the ESP-r Central repository --- in the coming months we plan to move
them on to the 'development_branch' and finally into the general
release.

Before unleashing our changes on the ESP-r development community, we're
looking for some volunteers to assist with testing the script. If you're
familiar with compiling ESP-r from source (or if you've always wanted to
learn how!), and would like to help us out, please drop me a line. I'll
guide you through the steps necessary to download and install the code
on Install_branch. I can also arrange developer accounts on ESP-r
Central if you'd like to contribute directly to this aspect of ESP-r
development.

I hope to hear from you soon.

- Alex

-----