[esp-r] Re: 2)Dummy-node scheme

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 14:48:15 BST 2006

> I am implementing a control strategy for opening and closing window
> with two
> separate controls in series.  The controls are: ....

The complexity of having to have 2 controls in series was
recently the subject of a change in the mass flow control
code, in particular the multi-sensor flow controller has been
extended to allow for AND and OR logical tests between
two, three, or four separate sensed locations.

For example one control and one component can now
turn on if node temperature A is above 18 and a boundary
node outside is above 15C AND is below 25C.  The result
of this change is that previously complex flow networks can
be much simpler and there are fewer instances where serial
control logic and dummy zones are required.

The code has passed all the new revision control tests and
an example model is ready to be submited to the revision
control. As soon as these have been taken into the
official repository they will be available to all.

-ESRU