[strathml-discuss] Hacky Hour: Wed 07/04/2021, 2-3PM, online

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 14:41:26 BST 2021

Dear all,

This is a reminder about the monthly software engineering clinic for the
local
community of researchers, *every first Wednesday 2-3PM* in
*Zoom meeting room 957-329-701, password HackyHour* [1], until it's safe to
hold them on campus again.

These informal "Hacky Hours" are here to help with programming problems and
related issues (testing, documentation, usability). We have experts in
programming
languages, command-line shells, collaborative tools, LaTeX, a number of
scientific
fields, and can help you improve the quality, reliability, and
reusability of your
research software.

The clinics are open to PhD students, postdocs, PIs and anyone who is
directly
involved in writing software for research. Just drop in with your questions.

This month we will also discuss the organization of next month's clinic,
which
will be open to the wider audience of the "Engage with Strathclyde" online
conference [5].

In between Hacky Hours, you can reach us by email [2], on Discord [3] and on
Twitter [4].

Best regards,
The Strathclyde RSE Community

[1] https://strath.zoom.us/j/957329701?pwd=SkJyL0NkN1NZV2w1TGhRcngvc1RzUT09