[esp-r] import .dxf with ESP-r V13.3.15 of 14 October 2022

Nico Espinosa nico_espinosa19 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 4 20:25:31 BST 2023

Dear all,

I am currently trying to set up a project retrofit for an old stone
house in France. I used to use Esp-r back in the 2014 for a passive
house project.

I am trying to set up the following workflow : sketchup 2017 -> export
.dxf file -> import geometry in Esp-r.

To start smoothly here bellow what I started to do:

I tried to import  a geometry from a simple .DXF file that was sent some
years ago in this same mail list (the Exo1.DXF) with the current version
of ESP-r in linux (at least the sources available in Github) buit from
source (I am using Debian 12).

I followed Jon Hand's 2018 mailing list message recommendations at that
time ie

I have started a project from scratch building it with :

$prj

and saved it as test_exo1 (root folder).

Then save and closed the project.

After that I lauched again Esp-r, use the import .dxf file utility but
this raised that terminal message :

$prj -file test_exo1.cfg
Will attempt to update configuration
Starting ecnv in esp mode with in file ../Exo1.DXF
and output file test_exo1.cfg.

Welcome to the Data conversion utility of ESP-r V13.3.15 of 14 October 2022.
The esp-r configuration file will be: test_exo1.cfg
  Scanning the problem before updating.
At line 5341 of file esru_misc.F
Fortran runtime error: End of record

Error termination. Backtrace:
#0  0x7f158d2218c2 in ???
#1  0x7f158d2223b9 in ???
#2  0x7f158d222f0f in ???
#3  0x7f158d4671c0 in ???
#4  0x7f158d47391c in ???
#5  0x7f158d46a76c in ???
#6  0x7f158d46a9b5 in ???
#7  0x5623080cb96e in align_comment_
     at /home/nespinosa/Src/ESP-rSource/src/cnv/esru_misc.F:5341
#8  0x562308091a5e in emkcfg_
     at /home/nespinosa/Src/ESP-rSource/src/cnv/emkcfg.F:591
#9  0x562307f6659b in ecnv
     at /home/nespinosa/Src/ESP-rSource/src/cnv/ecnv.F:353
#10  0x562307f68701 in main
     at /home/nespinosa/Src/ESP-rSource/src/cnv/ecnv.F:24

What I found is that when I launch the import .dxf, the *indx parameters
in the .cfg file passes from 0 to 1.

Then esp-r further complains about the .cfg file  (at least the last
line of the file) being incorrect.

Attached again the Exo1.DXF file that was sent in 2018 and that I am
using for debugging that .dxf importing step.

Thank you very much for your help.

Rgds,

Nicolas