[esp-r] Re: gbxml import

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sun Sep 11 11:58:52 BST 2022

Hi Jon,

thank you for the command-line example. It would be great if you could
find that file.

All those that I tried failed. The "Exercise Center" which is shown as
an example
(https://www.esru.strath.ac.uk//Courseware/ESP-r/tour/exchange_with_CAD.html)
appears to be the "Exercise Facility" example from gbxml.org
(https://www.gbxml.org/Sample_GreenBuildingXML_gbXML_Files). I was
trying to import it (with absolute paths as in your example commandline):

ecnv -if gbxml -in /Users/lars/esprt/ExerciseFacility.xml -of esp -out
/Users/lars/esprt/test > ecnv.log 2>&1

This however runs forever giving me thousands of warnings "In
/Users/lars/esprt/ExerciseFacility.xml error reading (xml line) EOF sensed."

What I found out is that ecnv's gbxml-reader makes assumptions on how
xml should be formatted. Adding some newlines by pretty-printing the
input with "xmllint -format" makes it read and convert the geometry of a
simply test file (a cube without any non-geometric data) that I am
attaching. However, after being prompted to save zone constructions, I
get a SIGTRAP after several warnings:

WARNING: in BlenderBldg.cfg: *scfdr    0 0   0  0.000  0.000
  the cfd start value (0) < normal minimum 1!

WARNING: in BlenderBldg.cfg: *scfdr    0   0   0  0.000  0.000
  the cfd finish value (0) < normal minimum 1!

WARNING: in BlenderBldg.cfg: *scfdr    0   0   0  0.000  0.000
  the cfd start time value (0.00) < normal minimum 1.0000!

WARNING: in BlenderBldg.cfg: *scfdr    0   0   0  0.000  0.000
  the cfd finish time value (0.00) < normal minimum 1.0000!
WARNING in BlenderBldg.cfg: no chars found for cfd res string in:
*scfdr    0   0   0  0.000  0.000

Program received signal SIGTRAP: Trace/breakpoint trap.

Backtrace for this error:

When I still try to load the converted model in prj, I get cfd-related
warnings (cfs finish / start time / finish time value (0) < normal
minimum; no chars found for cfs res string in *scfdr 0 0 0.00 0.00)
followed by a "Program received signal SIGTRAP: Trace/breakpoint trap."

Best, Lars.