[esp-r] Re: CAD Mdels

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 10:24:41 GMT 2020

ESP-r can import gbXML files assuming the usual caveats that the originating
tool and user created something that ESP-r can work with - for example limited
numbers of child surfaces, entity names that are reasonably terse as well as
zone forms which are within ESP-r's limits.

Some CAD tools generate gbXML files that are poorly formed.

ESP-r reads in DXF files that use specific entity types and naming
conventions. The easiest way to see what is accommodated is to take
an ESP-r model and export it to DXF and have a look at it.  DXF has such
limited attribution and is so ancient that it is rarely used any more.

The email does not give clues as to what specifically was the nature
of the [DXF but it doesn't work].

-Jon Hand