[esp-r] Re: Selecting another weather file from within bps

Andrew Cowie andrew.cowie at strath.ac.uk
Fri Apr 5 12:31:23 BST 2019

Hi Christopher,

This problem appears to be due to an oversight in some recent developments to ESP-r - thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I'll make sure the fix is included in the next update.  In the mean time, if you want an immediate solution, instructions for fixing the problem follow:

1. In the ESP-r source code, open file "src/ebps/bps.F".
2. Replace line 1060, which currently reads:
	call EFORTRAN(ICLIM,llclmdb,MCM*24,0,IER)
with this:
	call CLMOPB(0,IER)
3. Replace lines 1062 - 1066, which currently read:
	IREC=366
	READ(ICLIM,REC=IREC,IOSTAT=ISTAT,ERR=103)ICYEAR,ICDNGH
	IREC=367
	READ(ICLIM,REC=IREC,IOSTAT=ISTAT,ERR=103)CLMLOC
	WRITE(OUTS,1000)CLMLOC,ICYEAR
with this:
	CALL CLMRDBMD(IER)
	WRITE(OUTS,1000)CFLOC,ICYEAR
4. Recompile bps (at a  Unix command line, issue command "./Install [any desired options] bps" from the ESP-r source code root directory).

Hope this helps,
Andy Cowie