[esp-r] ESP-r procedures change

Joe Clarke joe at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 13:03:12 BST 2018

Hi Everyone

I am writing to you to inform you of an impending change to the
management of the ESP-r source code. As you know, Ian
Beausoleil-Morrison of Carleton University has served as the archivist
for several years, professionally merging the source code developments
submitted to him by various groups and individuals. It is now time to
give Ian a break and to this end I have agreed with him to take over
control of the archive . On 14 June 2018 I took a copy of the ESP-r
source from the GitHub repository and am in the process of repackaging
the system to support some major upcoming developments and provide an
installer for those not conversant with source control protocols and
compile/linking constructs (e.g. users wishing to apply the system but
not develop it). I expect this to take approximately one week and will
contact you again thereafter to clarify the new access and modification
procedures.

Let me conclude this brief message by thanking Ian for his patience and
effort as archivist. I look forward to working with you all in future.

Regards,

Joe

__
Professor J A Clarke
Director, ESRU and BRE Centre of Excellence
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
James Weir Building
75 Montrose Street
University of Strathclyde