[esp-r] Re: Rock Store

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Tue May 29 16:21:56 BST 2018

Hi Paul,

I would suggest taking a look at the exemplar "cellular_earth" as first
step, this features an earth-bound air pre-heating / cooling duct.
Basically, this could be expanded to a rock storage. However, you would need
to give thought in regard to adapting wall-convective heat exchange values
and also how to "add the rock mass". This could e.g. be done by adding
hanging surfaces in the "duct zones". Flow resistance could be modelled by
reducing opening area between zones, for example.

Hope this gives a starting point / some (possible, not necessarily perfect)
initial ideas.