[esp-r] Re: Converting weather file to EPW

Andrew Cowie andrew.cowie at strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 14:31:18 BST 2018

Hi Tomonori,

An EPW file is a plain text document.  “plain text document” (usually) refers to an ACSII file (as opposed to a binary file).  An EPW file is just a particular way of arranging ASCII data, so that programs know how to interpret it.  For example, the top line of an EPW file should look something like this:

LOCATION,Chicago Ohare Intl Ap,IL,USA,TMY3,725300,41.98,-87.92,-6.0,201.0

You should be fine to use the file as it is!

Best regards,
Andy Cowie