[esp-r] Re: Getting the value for Lumens in a zone

Dimitris "Jim" Sfakianakis dsfakianakis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 14:55:41 GMT 2017

Hi all,

Sorry to bug you again with my issues. I activated casual gain control and
ran a simulation with trace facility for casual gains on. The results at a
random time step look like this:

Subroutine MZCASI Trace output  26     Zone 15
 Day No. = 147 (i.e. 27th of May.),  Time 18:00 Hours
 Subroutine INTLUM  Trace output  27 Zone 15 Lvl3.LivingRoom
 Day No. = 147 (i.e. 27th of May.),  Time 18:00 Hours
 Light|Sens|sun |via   |daylight|visib|sun/dir|sky/dif|sensed|set  |ext vert
  zone|num.|seen|window|factor% |trnsm|contrib|contrib|lux   |point|ilum(Ev)
     1    1  no       9     1.23  0.67     0.0   148.4  148.4  500.    6018.
     1    1  no      10     0.66  0.67     0.0    79.6   79.6  500.   15506.
     1    1  no      11     0.63  0.67     0.0    76.0   76.0  500.   38597.
 Light zone 1 ON/OFF ESP-r calc df, ZFRAC= 0.00
Fraction of lighting "ON" FRAC=0.00
 Ext: Dir.nor.rad. W/m^2(  431.0) Dif.hor.rad.(   97.0)
    : sun light lux(34985.0) sky light lux(12035.5)
    : sun/dir efficacy (  81.17) sky/dif efficacy ( 124.08)
    : solar azi deg( 286.2) solar alt deg(  14.1)
    : TMC blind/shuter(0.00) Sun patch no.(  0)

I have trouble understanding the results. As I have three windows, I see
that MZCASI calculates the lux for each one and compares it to the set
point (500 here). However, a few lines down, the fraction of lighting "ON"
is at 0. Shouldn't that be more than 0 since the sum of the sensed lux from
the windows is below 500? Is there something I am missing? I would
appreciate it if you could let me know where I could find more information
in order to understand the results by the trace facility.

Kind regards,

Dimitris