[esp-r] Re: Missing databases in installation - steps to get a full distribution from Github

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 15:52:15 BST 2016

If you acquire the ESP-r distribution from Github and want to compile a complete
distribution you need to combine several of the repositories.  Here are the steps to follow:

-----------------------------------

You need a git client. Once you have that create a folder for working with ESP-r. In the example below we use ESPrgit as the folder name for the source distribution:

  cd
  cd Src
  mkdir ESPrgit
  cd ESPrgit
  git clone --recursive https://github.com/ESP-rCommunity/ESP-rSource.git
  git clone --recursive https://github.com/ESP-rCommunity/ESP-rDatabases.git
  git clone --recursive https://github.com/ESP-rCommunity/ESP-rModels.git
  git clone --recursive https://github.com/ESP-rCommunity/ESP-rDoc.git

Then use rsync to get the contents of ESP-rDatabases, ESP-rModels, and ESP-rDoc into a consistent master folder so a full install can be carried out. Here are the steps assuming a folder ESP-rMaster is created:
  mkdir ESP-rMaster
  rsync -av ESP-rSource/ ESP-rMaster/
  rsync -av ESP-rDatabases/ ESP-rMaster/data/
  rsync -av ESP-rDoc/ ESP-rMaster/doc/
  rsync -av ESP-rModels/ ESP-rMaster/models/

In ESP-rMaster will be everything you need to fully build ESP-r. You can remove the hidden .git bookkeepping folders within ESP-rMaster as they are no longer needed. To build ESP-r in this example to /opt/esru give the following commands:
  cd ESP-rMaster
  ./Install -d /opt/esru --gcc4 --debug

As databases and example models get upgraded regularly say yes to questions about databases and example models.

Regards, Jon Hand