[esp-r] Re: Installation of esp-r in Mac os 10.11.4

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri May 20 15:23:43 BST 2016

There is an Install option    -d <path_to_folder>

For example:

./Install -d /opt/esru

puts the ESP-r distribution in the /opt/esru folder which does not have
any security problems such as /usr/esru.  /usr is protected in newer OSX.

You have to create the folder /opt/esru first via
sudo mkdir /opt/esru

Then you have to own /opt/esru
sudo chown <username> /opt/esrsu

There are more extensive discussions about how to setup and OS X computer
if you look in the source distribution in doc/ manual/OS/Apple