[esp-r] Re: Working with ESP-r X11 on newer versions of OSX

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 10:32:47 GMT 2015

I just patched a glitch that was causing a crash in the X11 version of
ESP-r on OSX Mavericks.  Probably the change will also prevent
crashes on Yosemite as well.

If anyone wants to try out this patch get in touch with me and I will
send instructions about how to access the patched source code
and build your own ESP-r.

Also, users on OSX will be happy to learn that there is are alternative
installer scripts e.g. Install_o1  Install_o2  which tend to more-than-double
the numerical performance of ESP-r on OSX - very shiny!

Regards, Jon Hand
To: Jon Hand
Subject: OSX upgrade

Hi John,

i took the step to upgrade my MacBook Pro  to OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
All well o far
If there is a chance to run ESP-r on it? I'll be glad to try.

best regards
Xavier