[esp-r] Re: GSHP

Andrew Cowie cn06arc at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 11:31:12 GMT 2014

Hi Gul,

I have reviewed your selected options when creating the GSHP system (below), and they seem fine.  I do not think it is a problem with your specification of the system.

A possible problem could be that you have not specified zone controls.  The zone controls provide idealized heating loads, that are then passed to the GSHP routines to process into power consumptions.  If you have not specified the controls then the GSHP system has nothing to work from.

These can be specified in the menu from the project manager.  In the browse/edit/simulate menu, under "... Controls....." select option "j zones", create a control file, and proceed to define your controls.

If you have already defined controls and it is still not working, there may be a problem with the hvac input file; I have encoutered similar issues.  Open your ****.hvac file in a text editor; the default location for this is in [your_model_directory]/cfg/hvac.  Check for particularly long lines of data; sometimes these can be too long for the buffers within ESP-r which results in errors when reading in the data.  To fix the problem remove any trailing 0's from the data, and remove excess spaces between the data values (though be sure to leave at least 1 space between each).  Note however that if you then go into the idealised plant menu, edit the data, and then re-save the file, you will need to do this again.

I hope this solves your problem.

Cheers,
Andy Cowie

ESRU