[esp-r] Import of zone geometry from Blender

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sat Nov 8 12:09:19 GMT 2014

Hi,

as I got rather used to use Blender (v2.71 used) to create geometry for simulations, I wanted to investigate the possibility to use it with esp-r and tried to import some simple test object (a cube). However, regardless wether I export the surfaces as 3dfaces, polylines or polyfaces, esp-r crashes during the import. I have a fresh install based on yesterday's svn, built using gcc v4.9 on Mac OS X v10.9.5 (Darwin v13.4). The last messages I get:

--

Starting ecnv in esp mode with in file cube.dxf
and output file iyte_studio/cfg/iyte_studio.cfg.

ESP-r Data Conversion Utility (ecnv) Release 11.11.

Copyright resides with the member organisations of the ESP-r
development consortium as listed at:
http://www.esru.strath.ac.uk/Programs/ESP-r_central.htm
Using installed version of esprc file.
Input file is: cube.dxf
The esp-r configuration file will be: iyte_studio/cfg/iyte_studio.cfg
 Scanning the problem before updating...
 End of conversion.
 Fatal error:  In ../zones/PYDXF.geo expecting  4 items (insolation data) in...

Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO

--

Manually calling ecnv leads to PYDXF files containing no geometry:

--

bash-3.2$ ecnv -if dxf -of esp -in cube.dxf -out test.esp
Starting ecnv in esp mode with in file cube.dxf

ESP-r Data Conversion Utility (ecnv) Release 11.11.

Copyright resides with the member organisations of the ESP-r
development consortium as listed at:
http://www.esru.strath.ac.uk/Programs/ESP-r_central.htm
Using installed version of esprc file.
Input file is: cube.dxf
The esp-r configuration file will be: test.esp
 End of conversion.

--

Has anyone out there found a way to get geometry from Blender or any other open-source modeling tool into esp-r?

Cheers, Lars.