[esp-r] Re: CHP fuel cell

Ferguson, Alex Alex.Ferguson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Aug 12 17:30:44 BST 2014

The ESP-r  models were developed as part of IEA Annex 42 activities. The models are well documented in the publications here:

http://www.ecbcs.org/annexes/annex42.htm#p

- Alex

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk [mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Achim Geissler
Sent: July 31, 2014 15:48
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk Club
Subject: [esp-r] Re: CHP fuel cell

Dear Arnau,

in the "tester" folder you will find two models which use FC models:

plt_pre_A42_PEMFC_model
plt_pre_A42_SOFC_model

I'm afraid I can't help with your other questions, though.

On Jul 30, 2014, at 9:53 PM, Arnau Girona <arnau.girona.2013 at uni.strath.ac.uk<mailto:arnau.girona.2013 at uni.strath.ac.uk>> wrote:

Dear all,

I am trying  to simulate the  performance of a CHP fuel cell for a building. I want to try different types/ sizes of fuel cells to supply the heating demand of a room/building - the electricity produced is either used in the building or sent to the grid.
I have found different fuel cells in the list of components of ESP-r:

  1.  Three node description of a residential fuel cell. (Generic type: fuel cell)
  2.  Three node description for a residential fuel cell (Generic type: -node residential SOFC with 2 connections)
  3.  PEM CHP fuel cell system supplying WCH loop; 1 node model
  4.  Empirical PEM hydrogen cogeneration fuel cell
  5.   IEA/ECBCS Annex 42 FC-cogeneration model.
Which FC is better to use for this case?
Can I find information about the technical settings of any of the FC?
Is there any good exemplar available with a FC CHP system?

Thanks in advance,
Arnau Girona

achim.geissler at intergga.ch<mailto:achim.geissler at intergga.ch>