[esp-r] Re: negativ energy saving

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 08:53:12 BST 2014

There are several reports in the results analysis tool which can help.

ESP-r provides an energy balance report at the zone air point so you can find
out all of the gains and losses over a period of time. And the same can be
done for each surface in the model over a period of time.

And what also helps is to have a base case model which is the same
except for the the better glazing or insulated walls.  Then you can do
a side-by-side comparison of performance (if you have a big monitor
you can run res on both sets of results file simultaneously). Hints on
how to use res are in a chapter of the ESP-r Cookbook.