[esp-r] Re: Plant component ideal control

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Tue Dec 3 19:46:04 GMT 2013

Dear Dimitrios,

what you describe should be possible with plant controllers, if I understood correctly. The following

* Control loops   12
# senses dry bulb temperature in sf_bed2.
   15    0    0    0    0  # sensor
# plant component  74:pu_sf_bed2 @ node no.  1
   -1   74    1    0  # actuator
    1  # all daytypes
    1  365  # valid Tue-01-Jan - Tue-31-Dec
     5  # No. of periods in day: weekdays
   14    0   0.000  # ctl type, law (period off), start @
      0.  # No. of data items
    0    8  11.000  # ctl type, law (On-Off control.), start @
      7.  # No. of data items
  1.00000 25.50000 26.50000 0.00800 0.00000 4.00000 0.50000
   14    0  14.000  # ctl type, law (period off), start @
      0.  # No. of data items
    0    8  16.000  # ctl type, law (On-Off control.), start @
      7.  # No. of data items
  1.00000 25.50000 26.50000 0.00800 0.00000 4.00000 0.50000
   14    0  20.000  # ctl type, law (period off), start @
      0.  # No. of data items

takes a zone temperature and activates a plant pump (zone 15, plant component number 74, in this case). And this

* Control loops   13
# senses var in compt.  1:theTank @ node no.  1
   -1    1    1    0    0  # sensor
# plant component   2:theBoiler @ node no.  1
   -1    2    1    0  # actuator
    1  # all daytypes
    1  365  # valid Tue-01-Jan - Tue-31-Dec
     1  # No. of periods in day: weekdays
    0    8   0.000  # ctl type, law (On-Off control.), start @
      7.  # No. of data items
  1.00000 38.00000 40.00000 8900.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000

senses a temperature in a plant component (tank) and activates a boiler with 8.9 kW heating capacity (and tries to keep node 1 of the tank between 38 and 40 degC). To get closer to "ideal", you can give the boiler "limitless" power. The controllers are, of course, "on-off", so not really ideal.

I don't know the names of these controllers in the prj menus, though. Maybe the above can help to get some ideas, nonetheless.