[esp-r] Explicit plant losses and containment casual gain

Rasoul Asaee asaee at Dal.Ca
Fri Nov 29 14:41:21 GMT 2013

Hello,

I am modelling a plant which uses stratified tank with HX and an ICE. I am trying to figure out what happens to the losses from the plant, i.e.:
1- Is plant losses considered as casual gain of the zone which contains the plant?
2- how does plant losses affect the temperature of the zone that contains its components?

In the attempt to find out more about the energy balances for explicit plant I found that,  the file "src/esrubld/Casual.F" computes casual gains for zones. This file calls (line 1097) the "fPltZone_Convective_Gain" function (originally defined in "src/esruplt/Plt_zone_gain_coupling.F") to link the plant losses and its environment. The component losses is handled by "fPltComp_Gains(iComponent, iConvective )" parameter for any of plant components. But, its value is not assigned for explicit plant components. So, I wonder that explicit plant losses to the containment is addressed in ESP-r.

Is any other method used to add losses in zone casual gains?

Regards,
Rasoul