[esp-r] Solar heating system control

Ragnhild Haukland Løge ragnhild.hl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:56:43 GMT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to model a solar heating system consisting of three components:
solar collector, tank and a pump.

I want the pump to operate only when the temperature difference between the
solar collector and the storage tank is larger than 5 degrees C.

Under Controls->Plants and systems-> sensor details-> senses output of a
plant component, i choose the solar collector as the "plant component for
sensor". I am then asked: "Plant component node for sensor?" and I assumed
that because I have a one-node flat plate collector that the answer to this
is 1. A followup question appears: "2nd Plant component index for sensor?".
What number/index are they asking for here? I tried to write the index
number for the plants database for the tank but it does not seem to work.
Does anyone know how to define that the sensor should sense the temperature
difference between two components?

In version 12, this part was clear as there was a question whether or not
the sensor should sense a temperature difference between two components,
but in the version I am using now I cannot figure it out.

I am using ESP-r version 11.4 (platform i686:Linux:2.6.23.1-21.fc7). I am
still a novice user of the software and any help is much appreciated :)

Kind regards,
Ragnhild Løge