[esp-r] CFD questions

Andrew Cowie cn06arc at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 19 21:29:10 BST 2013

Hi all,

A few quick questions about the CFD, had a look through the training models but there doesn't appear to be one with the combination of features i'm interested in.
1. Will adaptive conflation (ie. conflation 4) still conflate with a room air mass flow network (mainly openable windows)?
2. Do i need to give any specific boundary conditions to conflate them?  Or just conflate the surface as normal?
3. When using adaptive conflation, does the handshaking you specify in the .dfd file make any difference?  I know that the adaptive conflation controller controls handshaking during the simulation, but is this used to specify the initial condition or something?  And will the adaptive conflation controller stick to one-way conflation if i set it to a one-way handshaking scheme in the .dfd file? (not a major concern in the grand scheme of things, i just want to be absolutely sure that im reporting it right)

Also i don't know if its significant to anyone but i'm presenting research that has used ESP-r an awful lot at a conference in September, please email me if anyone wants details.

Thanks in anticipation,
Andy Cowie