[esp-r] Re: Night-time ventilation

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Tue Jun 18 20:29:27 BST 2013

Hi Matt

some quick thoughts:
1) that would also be my approach without any detailed knowledge on existing "real leaks". If, for example, the building has a wooden roof and is otherwise mainly made of concrete, I would probably put more leaks in the roof and then think about how the cellar (simple windows?) is connected internally to the rest of the building. Also, leakage paths inside lightweight walls (think of plumbing etc) are often found. The ESP-r model is then a series of cracks and small openings, yes.

2) I am not entirely sure what a "MVHR" is, but the heat recovery you describe would work, yes. You could "tune" it by adapting the heat transfer coefficients of the thin wall. There is a heat recovery flow component, I think (there definitely should be a heat recovery plant component, I am quite sure).