[esp-r] Re: Failed Simulations in tester

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri May 24 14:07:09 BST 2013

The issue is the --extra-debug argument - this ensures that the esp-r module will crash
with additional information when it detects numerical errors.  And some of the tester
models generate numerical faults with that compiler flag.  For use with tester
you should issue a 'make clean'  and then just use the --debug option when installing.

The SL5_test not found does happen sometimes.

Recently I have been moving away from running tester.pl with the --create_historical_archive option
My approach is to compile a fresh development_branch to /usr/esru (place sensitive is tester) and
my test branch somewhere else.  I then ask tester to run both the standard and test version:

./tester.pl -v --no_h3k /usr/esru/esp-r/bin/bps /home/jon/esru_test/esp-r/bin/bps --ref_loc /usr/esru/esp-r/bin --test_loc /home/jon/esru_test/esp-r/bin

The -v lets me see what is happening.  It generates a file bps_test_report.txt

Also, tester can be a bit more robust on 32bit Linux platform than 64bit.

Regards, Jon Hand