[esp-r] Scales of vertical axis when graphing in ESP-r Results Analysis Tool: native windows w7 v12 0 9181 and 9030

Christopher Heard cheard at correo.cua.uam.mx
Mon May 20 20:34:55 BST 2013

When using the results analysis tool the vertical axis scales are wrong at
least for graphs of air flow network node temperatures and mass flows w.r.t.
time.

If I list the data I can see that the values don't correspond to the graph
axis scale although the suggested range is correct the graph is displaced
upwards by quite a bit.

Resetting the scale to a much higher upper limit brings the graphs into view
on the screen but if the lower limit is raised the graph disappears off the
top of the screen again.

e.g. Temperature data with a range of 8 to 30 deg C. will be visible with an
axis range set to 0 to 100 deg C and an apparent range of approx. 70 to 90
deg C.
However if the axis scale is set to 70 to 90 deg C the graph disappears.

The node flow rate graphs behave in a similar manner.

O.S.: Windows XP SP3

Hardware: Macbook Pro 17" early 2008
Intel core 2 duo T9500 @ 2.6 GHz, 1.98GB ram

1920 x 1200 pixel display

I imagine that this is a special feature to punish Windows users for not
using an operating system for adults!
For those who are curious - I use Windows because there is no recent version
of Wordperfect, Quattro Pro or Corel Presentations for OS X.

Christopher Heard