[esp-r] Re: Radiance coupling and control of BSDF shadings

Arianna Sdei A.Sdei at brighton.ac.uk
Fri May 10 20:48:31 BST 2013

Dear German,

I am planning to start modelling some shading types with ESP-r as part of my PhD very soon and your email at this time is so relevant. I am planning to model venetian blinds, roman blinds, simple overhangs and awnings. My aim is to find the cooling load reduction when these types of shading are used in the summer. There may be an energy increase due to the use of artificial lighting. That which may involve a detailed daylight study using radiance. I would like to also work on the opening-closing of these systems. It looks like you are doing a very detailed study and I would like to know more about it, I hope we can do some work together, please do get in touch.

Thank you,

Arianna