[esp-r] Re: CFD and gridded small channel air movements

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Fri Dec 21 07:29:32 GMT 2012

Dear Matthew

the easy one is no, it is not possible to model several spaces. Only one CFD zone is possible.

Yes, you can add "blockages", e.g. "furniture" or "half height walls". However, these cannot be coupled to thermal properties (hot wall or such like) to my knowledge. They are flow barriers, only.

You can couple the CFD zone with an air flow network. I do not quite understand your first question, but if it is an array of air outlets exhausting air into a larger void (atrium or some such space), then this should be possible via CFD in the large zone and afn for the air exhausts.