[esp-r] Re: CFD problem - cannot get results

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 14:57:07 BST 2012

My guess is that there are a few lines of code in the interface dialogues and in the
graphics for CFD reporting that are sensitive to 64bit value passing between fortran and c.

The NAN is not related to the interface choices - that is in the solution but I could
imagine that the reporting has no idea how to plot NANs.   Compiling with the
extra debug option might allow it to identify numerical glitches.

There should be a simulation trace function in the simulator which, like
other trace functions will write out intermediate calculation information
as the simulation progresses. I have not used that but it might give some
valuable clues.

One alternative, if you have access to a 32 bit Linux is to try and run it
on that to see if the reporting works better.

Also - a number of changs were made a few weeks ago to the development_branch
be sure to issue an svn update command to ensure that your source is up to date.