[esp-r] Re: Suggestions for Double Facade Modeling

David Garcia david.garcias at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:30:43 BST 2012

Normally local fire regulations can deal with that, it is not a big problem,

The double facadeskin  is composed of 100% glazing from both "sides" of the
facades? or the interior facade is composed of wall and glazing?

Regards,
David Garcia Sanchez,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 23:05 +0300, Ömer Moltay wrote:
> > We would like to simulate a 43 storey high office building (located in
> > a Mediterrenean climate) with double facade for energy calculation
> > purposes. The double facade is a single cavity on all four sides of
> > the building and from first floor to the top floor.  The depth of the
> > cavity ranges between 3 - 5 meters.
>
> Sounds like an excellent chimney! How is the building protected from a
> 43-storey-high firestorm?

David GARCIA SANCHEZ
Département Systèmes Énergétiques Environnement
Ecole des Mines de Nantes
4, Rue Alfred Kastler
44300 Nantes
France