[esp-r] Suggestions for Double Facade Modeling

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Wed Jun 20 21:05:11 BST 2012

Dear esp-r Users,

We would like to simulate a 43 storey high office building (located in a
Mediterrenean climate) with double facade for energy calculation
purposes. The double facade is a single cavity on all four sides of the
building and from first floor to the top floor. The depth of the cavity
ranges between 3 - 5 meters. The design intent is to ventilate it via
thermal buoyancy and also operable windows on the exterior skin
(automatic control). No natural ventilation of the office interiors or
night time cooling is foreseen at the moment. We would like to analyse
the best ways of design and operation and see how much we can decrease
the HVAC cooling / heating running costs.

We intend to use esp-r and DOE/eQuest for this. I would appreciate any
suggestions on how to approach this task.

Thank you,

Ömer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP, CPMP, BREEAM Assessor
Mimta EkoYapi
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39
34255 Kucukkoy Istanbul Turkey
Tel: 90-212-617-2296