[esp-r] Using bcd file for DHW load

Sara Nikoofard S.Nikoofard at DAL.CA
Thu Feb 2 22:36:05 GMT 2012

----- Forwarded message from S.Nikoofard at DAL.CA -----
     Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:25:59 -0400
     From: Sara Nikoofard <S.Nikoofard at DAL.CA>
  Subject: Using bcd file for DHW load
       To: core_developers at espr.list.cvsdude.com

Hi All,

I am modeling SDHW and I want to use the boundary condition files for
DHW load. As far as I know I have to add component 76 to my plant to
be able to use the BCD files. Then, I have to define appropriate
control type to read them in. As I can see in exemplar:
/tester/test_suite/plt_boundary_conditions/ I have to define control
law 12 and the ipsn(?,1) = -1. But that control law has been removed
from esp-r and a new sensor is added as ipsn (?,1) = -5. This sensor
is intended for reading bcd file. As it is mentioned in
esrocom/econtrol.F this sensor is not activated yet. However, I can
see the code to read the bcd file with ipsn(?,1) = -5 is defined there
but not sure if it is connected to the plant calculation. I have two
questions:

1) if instead of control law 12 I have to use ipsn(?,1) =-5 which
means define the sensor to read the bcd file what should be the
control type and control law. And is sensor = -5 is activated or not?

2) if that sensor is not activated and there is no control law 12 how
can I define bcd file for my plant?

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
--
Sara Nikoofard
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Room C254A

email:  s.nikoofard at dal.ca