[esp-r] Shall we (the ESP-r community) meet or have some workshops at IBPSA-11?

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Aug 29 01:04:46 BST 2011

IBPSA-11 is coming up in Sydney in November and now is a good time to consider getting
the ESP-r community of users and developers together for a sharing of ideas, a sharing
of some food/drink and/or some workshops.

In the past we have managed to have a lunch or dinner together, sometimes within
the conference, sometimes in a fun spot someone located.  We have also
had a series of ESP-r community meetings where we find out who is doing what
and gather comments from folk  (sometimes leading to an evolution of
the software).   I have given introductory or focused workshops at almost every
IBPSA conference.

I would like to see if there might be enough interest in ESP-r activities to approach
the conference organizers with a request for some venues.  An initial step might
be to find out:

a)  who in the community will be at IBPSA-11

b) what kinds of activities are of interest

c) get an impression of the needs of ESP-r users and developers in the southern
    hemisphere

d) is there something that would help to kick-start ESP-r communities in
   Australia/NZ/Pacific rim?

I am happy to collect up information and re-transmitt.  Please email me with your
comments and suggestions in the next few days.

Regards, Jon Hand