[esp-r] Project files format.

Hugo Santos hrsantos at fe.up.pt
Wed Jul 20 12:23:17 BST 2011

Hi all,

I have an old ESP-r model that makes use of a previous file format (I
believe it to be version 3.0 as stated in the .prj file) but that won't let
me use some of the program's capacities (e.g. linear thermal bridges) or
will crash when using others (e.g. CFC windows).

I would like to convert the files to the most current format (version 4.0?)
without having to rebuild the whole model again. I analyzed some of the text
files and while some seem to be quite similar (e.g. .cfg) others are quite
different (e.g. .geo files) and an ad-hoc manual conversion would probably
result in not only a lot of work but also a very high probability of messing
things up. So, I would like to know if someone knows of an easier way to do
that conversion. I tried looking on the main Project ESP-r module but I
couldn't find any option to resave the model while using a different format
version.

Thanks in advance for any help. Regards,

Hugo Santos