[esp-r] Broken link to Radiance

Per Haugaard perhaugaard at yahoo.dk
Wed Jul 6 13:29:21 BST 2011

Dear list,

I am working on Ubuntu 8.04 and ESP-r v. 11.9

Trying to establish the link to Radiance to do coupled simulation for an advanced fenestration system in an upcoming project. I have made coupled simulations on older computers of mine and I am well familiar with both ESP-r and Radiance but....

I have installed gendaylit and placed the files in their respective folders and made the paths as shows below:

# Set path for ESP-r and Radiance
RAYPATH= .:/lib:/opt/radiance/lib:/opt/radiance/bin
PATH=$PATH:/opt/esru/bin:/opt/esru/esp-r/bin:/opt/radiance/lib:/opt/radiance/bin

export PATH RAYPATH
unset USERNAME

To ensure the coupling of ESP-r and Radiance works as expected I made an ideal dimming with daylight coefficients in the casual gain control menu and hereafter created the radiance model. All data and scene parameters seems fine but when the "calculate daylight coeff" menu item does nothing and no errors are reported?????
The number menu items is reported as too small when I run a test or Dry run in "Scene parameters option". Here the terminal reports "Kontor_Day_co.sky: No such file or directory" but the file does exist so???????

What could be the problem here. Any input is appreciated.
(By the way both programs works well as stand alone programs :) )

/Per