[esp-r] Re: Strange CFC error

Lomanowski, Bartosz Bartosz.Lomanowski at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Jun 23 18:11:35 BST 2011

Hi Hugo,

I'm pretty sure these are only reporting errors in prj. Please disregard these messages and look at the *.cfc zone file to double check your CFC inputs. I will attempt to reproduce the error message and debug it.

Thanks,
Bart Lomanowski
NRCan, Canada

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:40:37 +0100
From: Hugo Santos <hrsantos at fe.up.pt>
Subject: [esp-r]  Strange CFC error.
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk

Hi,

I'm getting a strange error in a fairly small model that I'm working in:

---
 The CFC file ..\zones/Class2_1.cfc not sure if door1        is a complex
fenestration constr.
 Check your zone files.
---

Several of these error lines come up when I enter the simulation menu.

I'm using the CFC model for some windows. At first I had it applied to six
windows and the model was running fine and results were good. However, after
changing some of the CFC surfaces and adding four more windows to other
zones (which didn't have any CFC surfaces previously), these errors started
to appear and the simulations either don't run or return no results.

The strangest part is that the surface (in the example above is "door1")
does not belong to that zone (in the above example Class2_1). Also, the
other error lines, which are mostly repetitions of this message but
referring different zones and/or surfaces, all seem to refer to surfaces in
a specific zone (Class1_1).

I tried to find if the files have any obvious mistake or corrupt data (using
Notepad++) but I can't find anything wrong with them. All the zones are
correctly bound, the connections and attributions are correct, even
the vertices' order on the surfaces is correct, following the correct order
and starting with an horizontal edge? I tried checking everything I could
think of but to no avail.

So, as a last resort, I'm turning to the ESP-r community and asking if any
of you as ever found this error and if there is any known cause and solution
for it. If not, does anyone have any idea of what should I do or check next?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hugo Santos