[esp-r] Re: installation problem

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon May 2 17:50:30 BST 2011

When installing from source you do need to give the operating system some
instructions about where to find the ESP-r executables.  There are several
ways to do this - one way is to ensure that the PATH environment variable
gets set to include the folder where the ESP-r executables are located on
your machine.  Instructions for editing the .profile file or the .cshrc file
are included in the instructions_for_linux_installer.txt file that is attached
to this email.

A second approach is to create a bin folder under your home folder
and use the link_to script to setup links from that folder to actual location
of the ESP-r executables.  This is also discussed in the attached file. Note
that the link_to script requires that your machine have the csh installed
(easy to do on Ubuntu).

And this is also discussed in the ESP-r Developers Guid which is available
on the download site (good reading for those who install via compile).