[esp-r] Re: export energy plus files

Jordan Richie jrichie.greenroofs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:30:36 BST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm working with an EnergyPlus reference model (from the DOE Commercial
Building Initiative) and I'd like to use the exact same materials and
constructions in an ESP-r model.

Here's the properties I can extract from the EnergyPlus model:

Conductivity
Density
Specific Heat
Thermal Absorptance
Solar Absorptance
Visible Absorptance

Does thermal absorptance in EnergyPlus correspond to "emissivity" in ESP-r?
 I'm assuming the Solar Absorptance in EnergyPlus corresponds to
Absorptivity in ESP-r.  Correct?  How about Visible Absorptance?

Many thanks

Jordan Richie