[esp-r] Re: model the ground

Ferguson, Alex Alex.Ferguson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 23 13:21:53 GMT 2011

How large is your floor? The BASESIMP correlations have proven very
robust for ground-couplings up to 12x12 meters. Sensitivity analysis
suggests they can be used for larger foundations, but we have not
carefully investigated their behaviour in this regime.

Alex Ferguson
Housing, Buildings and Communities Group
CanmetENERGY
Natural Resources Canada
P:+1 613 995 3294
F:+1 613 996 9909
Alex.Ferguson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca

________________________________

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk
[mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
A.Sdei at brighton.ac.uk
Sent: March 22, 2011 19:25
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] model the ground

Dear All,

I am modelling a solid concrete floor and I am using the ground monthly
profile to determine the boundary condition, however I have unrealistic
results. Does anyone know what is the best way to model a solid concrete
floor that is in direct contact with the ground?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards.

Arianna