[esp-r] Re: optics in geo file does not match optics in MLC

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Feb 24 21:51:36 GMT 2011

That warning might or might not be the cause of the simulation crash.

We revised the logic recently to be a bit smarter when checking
the match between construction and optics. You might have
a version which was made prior to that improvement.

What version of ESP-r?  What computer operating system?

Were there any warnings in the project manager when going into the
simulation menu?

Were there any warnings in the simulator prior to the crash?

At what point did the simulation stop (what was the last thing that
you saw).

Have you generated a model QA report and looked in that report
for errors? About the constructions and optics - how many layers are in the
construction and how many layers are in the optical set?  These are
reported in the model QA report.  If they match in the report then
the cause of the crash might be something else.