[esp-r] Re: hvac system

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Wed Jan 26 18:19:55 GMT 2011

Dear Miguel

from what you write, I assume you have a model "up and running" that features "heating and cooling" via simple zone control. In controls, you typically enter the maximum power available (at the receiving end, that is). Simulation results will give you the fraction used at each time step. From this, it should be straightforward to calculated your electricity needs using the COP as a post-process step. No?

There are likely more elaborate approaches available, e.g. via a plant. However, I do not know if there is a plant component available that will exactly fit your needs. Have you looked at plants? There are quite a few exemplars that feature a variety of plant networks.

achim.geissler at intergga.ch