[esp-r] Re: export energy plus files

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Dec 31 01:42:20 GMT 2010

An update - I am working on export from ESP-r to V3.0 IDF files.  I think I have worked out
the logic for geometric export so that 'doors' in ESP-r will be correctly exported.  I have
also updated most of the export of casual gains to use the newer common blocks (that is
still work in progress and needs testing)

Although there is a general movement in the ESP-r community to explicitly represent frames around
windows this creates a parent/child/grandchild situation which E+ really does not like.  One
idea is to split the parent surface in two so that the frame is no longer a child surface.

This work should be finished in the next couple of weeks and should make its want into
the development branch.

The reverse operation of scanning in an E+ IDF file - that should be technically possible
and the question is whether there is sufficient interest in the community to make it
worth doing.