[esp-r] Re: Building 11.9 on Ubuntu: Creating binary plant databases [plantc.db1] does not complete

Aizaz Samuel aizaz.a.samuel at strath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:22:22 GMT 2010

  I have recently built ESP-r on Ubuntu 10.10 on a 32-bit processor.
There was no problem using gcc4.4

The problem with pdb might stem from there already being an executable
by the same name on most linux systems (try "which pdb" to see what I
mean). It usually lives at /usr/bin/pdb

The workaround is:
1. Name /usr/bin/pdb something else temporarily (or permanently as I
have done in the past).
2. Edit the PATH environment variable to give precedence to the ESP-r
executables.
3. Type the full pdb executable path when invoking it.

Option 1 should work during installing from source.

Regards,
Aizaz