[esp-r] Cannot read CFD results file into results analysis

Gunnar Thöle gunnar.thoele at zebau.de
Sat Sep 4 21:38:06 BST 2010

Hello fellow esp-r-users,

The ESP-R cookbook says "CFD in esp-r has a steep learning curve and
consumes huge amounts of brain and computing power". This is very true
and i need some help on the first (steepest?) step of the learning curve.

Running esp-r 11.9 on an Ubuntu machine, I took one of the exemplars
from "air movement" which includes a CFD domain. I browsed the model to
see how CFD is set up. I invoked the simulation. It used a lot of
computing power, as the cookbook said. It also printed stuff about
residuals etc. The simulation produced a CFD results file which
strangely has a default filename of "libc".

So far so good.

Now i'd like to run results analysis on the CFD library. Running res
works fine, produces results from the building simulation. Selecting
"CFD" in main menu asks me for a path to the CFD results library. I
enter a correct full path to the cfd results file and esp-r tells me
"cannot find libc".
Whatever i do to load the CFD results i fail with "cannot find <filename>".

What did i do wrong?
Are the cfd exemplars supposed to actually work?

Thanks for any help, Gunnar

--
i.A. Dipl.-Ing. Gunnar Thöle
ZEBAU GmbH - Zentrum für Energie, Bauen, Architektur und Umwelt

Geschäftsführer: Peter-M. Friemert
Aufsichtsratsvorsitz: Dr. Oliver Weinmann
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg
Registernummer: HRB 77705
www.zebau.de