[esp-r] Re: Perl script

Ferguson, Alex Alex.Ferguson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Jul 27 14:32:42 BST 2010

You may find using a third-party optimization tool easier, faster and
more powerful than cooking up your own optimization scheme. I've had
great experiences using both GenOpt
(http://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/GO/) and Dakota
(http://dakota.sandia.gov/software.html). Both are free,
well-documented, run on linux, and have fexible and robust optimization,
paramater sensitivity and uncertianty capabilities.

Leen Peeters will be presenting a paper describing application of ESP-r
with GenOpt at SimBuild 2010. I can send you a preview of the paper, if
you like.

- Alex

Alex Ferguson
Housing, Buildings and Communities Group
CanmetENERGY
Natural Resources Canada
P:+1 613 995 3294
F:+1 613 996 9909